is April 22nd. What are your plans to #TakeAction and #InvestInOurPlanet?
For the next 4 days we will share our initiatives and offer some helpful suggestions on how you can support our beautiful blue planet!
The theme for Earth Day 2023 is “Invest In Our Planet.” This year’s theme focuses on engaging governments, institutions, businesses, and the more than 1 billion citizens who participate annually in Earth Day to do their part — “everyone accounted for, everyone accountable.”
Some Ideas to get you started:
• Help support pollinators such as mason bees:
• Start your own neighbourhood plastic clean up initiative by:
1.) Avoiding single-use plastics such as straws and plastic take
2. Not forgetting your cloth bag to go shopping
3. Replacing plastic food storage containers with glass or steel containers.
• Plant a Tree! But not just any tree. Check with your local garden store or arborist for a tree that will benefit your local ecosystems
• Use Wildflowers and Native Plants
• Reduce pesticides in the garden
• Reuse old pots in the garden
• Recycle water in the garden