Volunteers are the backbone of an organization. They provide time, energy and talents that can produce game-changing and historical events. They generate enthusiasm and interest that help to create a positive image of the organization. Elephanatics has been lucky enough to find some of these people, but we are always in search of more talent!
Volunteer Opportunities for Elephanatics
- Cultural Ambassadors and/or translators. This is a global problem! – see list below for Ambassador duties
- Delivery of short classroom presentations – a volunteer willing to read our specific books to primary grades about poaching
- Fundraiser organizers – leaders to take charge and start a fundraiser for elephants
- Letter writing and petition circulation – start a campaign to help elephants by writing your political candidates.
- Social Media Involvement – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook posting expertise
- Website updating – we need experienced WordPress volunteers
- Newsletter authors – we need volunteers to put our newsletters in Mailchimp
- Blog enthusiast/contributor
- Volunteer coordinator
- Take part in our #Ivory-FreeCanada campaign – see below:
The following organizations are working together as a coalition to act in concert to end the legal trade in elephant ivory in Canada: Elephanatics, Humane Society International-Canada; World Elephant Day; Global March Elephants and Rhinos – Toronto; and the Jane Goodall Institute of Canada. Please join the Ivory-Free Canada coalition and tell our government to end the legal domestic trade of elephant ivory. Look for our campaign –#IvoryFreeCanada.
Elephanatics wrote a letter to the Canadian government, requesting a ban on all domestic trade of elephant ivory. Over 100 Canadian and international scientists, politicians and animal organizations have co-signed the letter!
We Need Your Help!
- Find a favorite picture of yourself and overlay the #IvoryFreeCanada picture above on it (instructions below). Post it on your social media with these tags: #IvoryFreeCanada and @elephanaticsbc. Challenge your friends to do the same to save elephants.
- Email your photo to email@example.com and we will add it to this page.
- Sign the petition that will also go to the government. We have over 574,000 signatures and are trying for 1 Million! Canadian AND international citizens can sign.
- Share the petition – change.org/IvoryFreeCanada – on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any Social media platform.
- Tell your friends and family about the elephant crisis and how a domestic ban on elephant ivory trade would help.
How to overlay pictures in Word:Overlapping Images in Word
- Click on one image.
- Click the Layout Options icon.
- Click See more.
- In the Options group on the Position tab, select the Allow overlap check box.
- Repeat this process for each picture that you want to be able to overlap.
If you would like to donate your time to us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below: