Volunteers are the backbone to an organization. They provide time, energy and talents that can produce game changing and historical events. They generate enthusiasm and interest that help to create a positive image of the organization. Elephanatics has been lucky enough to find some of these people, but we are always in search of more talent.
We are looking for volunteers for the Global March for Elephants and Rhinos that takes place every October. The march is a huge undertaking and requires help throughout the year as well as the day of. I have attached a sheet of volunteer opportunities for both. Please select an opportunity you feel you could help with.
Join the Global March for Elephants and Rhinos in Vancouver, or join/plan a march in your own city!
Last year Vancouver joined 137 cities and over 50,000 people worldwide who marched to raise awareness of the elephant and rhino poaching crisis facing these two species and to call for an end to the ivory and rhino horn trade that is pushing them rapidly towards extinction. Join us here!
Volunteer Opportunities for Elephanatics
- Elephanatics hosts The Global March for Elephants and Rhinos. Positions listed above
- Cultural Ambassadors and/or translators. This is a global problem! – see list above for Ambassador duties
- Delivery of short classroom presentations – a volunteer willing to read our specific books to primary grades about poaching
- Fundraiser organizers – leaders to take charge and start a fundraiser for elephants
- Letter writing and petition circulation – start a campaign to help elephants by writing your political candidates.
- Social Media Involvement – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook posting expertise
- Website updating – we need experienced WordPress volunteers
- Newsletter authors – we need volunteers to put our newsletters in Mailchimp
- Blog enthusiast/contributor
- Idiosyncratic Action! Let’s share some ideas.
Calling all students! Become an Ambassador for Elephanatics!
We are looking for enthusiastic, elephant (animal) loving advocates to help continue our goal of spreading the word about the ongoing poaching crisis facing the African elephant and the unethical tourist trade in Asia.
An Ambassador would be responsible for:
1) Speaking (optional) at our annual Global March for Elephants and Rhinos, which takes place every Sept. or Oct.
2) If they decided they wanted to speak at the march, they would discuss their accomplishments at spearheading proactive projects to help end the trade in ivory that they have done to date.
3) They would be in charge of formulating new and creative ways to share our cause, whether it be through fundraising ideas or social media OR both.
4) As an Ambassador they would be in charge of finding other students to assist them with our volunteer openings and coordinate activities pertaining to ongoing community outreach.
5) They would be asked to come to our general meetings and be introduced to the rest of the organization.
6) The perfect candidate would speak other languages that would benefit a multicultural audience (optional)
7) They would hold our organization’s values and beliefs that elephants need to be protected not only because they are a keystone species, but becasue they are sentient beings.
If you would like to donate your time to us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below: